Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 1/2: The 24 Hour Days

Today started yesterday. Left O'Hare at 4:30pm on Monday....super easy but long flight! (Oh and did I mention that Marcus Kruger from the Hawks was also on my flight?!) The coolest thing happened though in the sky. The moment the sun completely set, the horizon never got dark! And less than an hour later, the sun came up again!

Sunset
Sunrise
 My guess is that we are so far north on the globe during this flight that, much like Alaska's (almost) 24hr days in the summer, this resembled that global placement...who know's but it was really cool!








Well, not long after the sun rising again, I landed in Stockholm, Sweden. In an effort not to be that person randomly passed out somewhere in an airport for almost 7 hours, I took a jaunt downtown for the morning. It was pretty interesting...I think I had it in my mind what Sweden was supposed to look like/be like, and it fell a little short in my mind (no Ikea's in sight...hahaha-jk, but their really weren't).
While downtown, the moment I stepped off their train, I was lost/turned around and had at that point made up my mind that I didn't want to be "touring" for very long. All in all it was good little jaunt to Sweden (considering that wasn't even in my plan!).

Here are a few of my findings...

Stockholm River Walk
View from the 20 story high City Hall Bell Tower (and the bells really still work!)
Yummy place to go!








Upon my return to the airport, I WAS that person sleeping on a bench near the terminal...fatigue had set in, and I was tired! I woke up just in time to children screaming and the final boarding call for my flight to Dublin...good timing! Quick flight to Dublin and here I am! Now extremely tired, and in an effort not to wake up at 3 am, I went for another walk and saw some familiar sights (from my last trip here) and some new ones I missed!

Dublin River

Temple Bar area
 



had to have at least 1

Good night! :) Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment